Kuala Lumpur: Bursa Malaysia share price opened lower again with the FBM KLCI down 1.3 points to 1,797.42. The trading volume was 1,165.8 million and turnover was 82.79 million shares valued at RM41.21 mil. There were 99 advancers versus 109 decliners and 161 counters unchanged.
Bursa Malaysia got off to a trembly start after Wall Street’s rally overnight took a negative turn with all three major indices in the red.
The top klse active stock of the day are SAPNRG [S]- last price 0.420 & change is -0.015, HIBISCS [S]- last price 1.190 & change is -0.040 and ORION [S]- last price 0.085 & change is 0.02.
The top KSLE gainers stocks are Nasdaq- last price 7,990.4 & change is -17.1, HSI- last price 27,691.4 & change is -125.5 and HSCEI- last price 10,929.1 & change is -56.5
The top KLSE loser stocks are NESTLE [S]- last price 146.500 & change is -0.300, CHINTEK- last price 7.100 & change is -0.220 and TASEK [S]- last price 6.300 & change is -0.200
1. The US Federal Reserve raised interest rates by 25 basis points to 2.25 percent, US Federal stated in its decision to raise interest rates at an end to an “accommodative” monetary policy.
2.The Hang Seng index opens up today 27,912.51, Previous Close 27,816.87
3. Japan’s Nikkei tracked the overnight result, losing 0.24%, while Australia’s ASX200 slipped a slight 0.04%.
The ringgit break its three-day losing streak of forex market to open higher against the US dollar early Thursday among rising oil prices.
Ringgit mixed trade stats of previous day with other currency-
1. Ringgit rose against the Singapore dollar to 3.0308/0340 from 3.0320/0354 on Wednesday.
2. It strengthened against the Euro to 4.8638/8689 from 4.8695/8747.
3. Ringgit depreciated with Yen to 3.6668/6707 from yesterday’s 3.6648/6699.
4. It weakened against the British pound to 5.4518/4596 from 5.4486/4543.
The oil markets bear for imminent tighter supply when the US imposes its penalty on Iran on Nov 4. WTI crude climbed 78 cents to US$72.35 a barrel while Brent crude rose 70 cents to US$82.04 a barrel.